I am a busy mom of 4, run a home-based business and love to cook and eat healthy. (You can see my story here of why I love Shaklee products).
These are a few of my favorites that seem to always make my menu planning each month. I can’t take credit for coming up with these recipes although I had added a few things to each of them to make them my own and how my family enjoys them. We also try to eat Gluten Free at dinner and these recipes can be Gluten free with the ingredients chosen. Enjoy!
Amazing Stuffed Peppers
Compliments of DEAR CRISSY. Read her awesome blog here.
½ lb. ground sausage: Sweet ½ lb. ground beef: I use Ground Turkey or ½ beef and ½ turkey
6 large peppers, any color
1 clove garlic
1 onion, chopped small
1 c. cooked rice (I use brown rice)
1 can chopped tomatoes (Rotel) I use some chopped tomatoes and small can of tomato sauce
2 C. shredded cheddar cheese: Co Jack in our house
2 Tbsp chopped parsley or 1 tsp dried
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- In a large skillet brown meat, garlic and onion in olive oil or EVOO
- Add chopped parsley and cooked rice.
- Stir in tomatoes, ½ cup of cheese. It will melt as you mix it in.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cut off the tops of peppers, trip the bottom so they sit flat in dish.
- Chop pepper tops and ass to filling
- Place peppers in baking dish and stuff until full.
- Drizzle peppers with a bit of EVOO
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and take off foil. Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered another 15 minutes. May serve extra tomato sauce on the side.
One pan Mexican Quinoa
Not sure who to credit this recipe to.
- 1 T Evoo
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 c. corn
- 1 t. chili powder (be liberal)
- ½ t cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional: 1-2 C. chopped cooked chicken and some extra salsa.
- Heat EVOO in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minutes
- Stir in quinoa, veggie broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to Boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Add chopped chicken if using and stir to heat through. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
This is Shaklee friend Marilyn Garapolo’s recipe.
- Heat Oven to 375 degrees
- Beat together till fluffy:
- 2/3 c. butter, softened
- 2/3 C. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Combine in a separate bowl and then mix into the above:
- 1 ½ c. oatmeal
- ¾ C. Instant Soy Mix from Shaklee ****
- ¾ c. Flour : I use a Gluten Free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Stir into the dough: 1 6 oz. pack dried cranberries and 2/3 c. white or semisweet chocolate chips
Make 1” balls on ungreased cookie sheets
Bake 7-9 minutes until golden brown
Yield: 80 cookies
***Instant Soy Protein mix is a great add into recipes. Can be used as a substitutes for some of the flour: As part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, 25 grams of soy protein per day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Each serving contains 16 grams of non-GMO protein and less than one gram of carbohydrates.
For more fun and healthy dinner ideas for your family table, Ask to join my Facebook page called Getting Healthy Dinners on the table.
Have a few extra pounds on and looking for a safe, economical and effective weight loss program? Looking for guidance to make a Lifestyle Change?
Contact me at Gorski Wellness today and let me guide you to a plan and Shaklee products from Shaklee that can work for you.
[button src=”http://www.gorskiwellness.net/?page_id=100″ size=”medium”]CONTACT US[/button]