This may seem overwhelming to you. Not sure where to begin?
Please know that I am here to help and guide you to a safe and logical starting place for you.
Reach out. Let me help you put together a plan that will allow you to reclaim your own health and get your life back. firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-977-7326.
Herbal Health Support 101
‘Adaptogens’ or adaptogenic herbs are a class of herbs that have been used for centuries to help the body “adapt” to stress. Check out these articles to learn more these herbs and how their use in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine can benefit our modern lives!
Try this simple, 20-question online assessment quiz: Healthprint Quiz
This is a free, personalized wellness assessment that will give you recommendations on a combination of products that will best meet your individual needs.
Here’s a list of common products and how they’ll support your health and wellness needs:
Multi+ Multivitamin: Fills in any gaps in your nutrition with vitamins and minerals.
B-Complex: 8 essential B vitamins that work together to convert your food to energy and improve your mood.
CorEnergy®: Supports your body’s ability to retain energy.
Optiflora® Pre / Probiotic: We have so many neurotransmitters in our gut! Pre- and Probiotics help clean up the gut and improve our immune systems, energy levels, and mood.
Vitalizer™ – Men, Women or Gold: Supports overall health, including heart, joint, immune, bone, and digestive.
Gentle Sleep Complex®: If you have trouble sleeping, this is a nice herbal product to help quiet your mind and promote restful sleep.
Mental Acuity Plus®: Enhances brain function, improves attention span, helps reduce depression.
MoodLift® Complex: Use to improve mild to moderate depression with St. John’s Wort. Helps with anxiety, fearfulness, nervousness, insomnia, and promotes calmness. NOTE: NOT to be taken if you are currently taking an SSRI.
Stress Relief Complex®: Helps to relax your body and mind while promoting alertness and enhancing your body’s ability to respond to stress.
There are SO many available; these are a few of my favorites.
- The Secret Language of Eating Disorders – Peggy Claude-Pierre
- Power of a Praying Parent – Stormie Omartian
- The 100/0 Principle – Al Ritter
- Chasing Silhouettes – Emily T. Wierenga
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No… – Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- You are a Badass – Jen Sincero
- Unfolding: Slow Down, Drop In, Dare More – Nancy J. Hill
- When Your Child Has an Eating Disorder – Abigail Natenshon
Aside from the most well-known programs like AA and Alanon, there are many other 12-step programs available:
- EDA (Eating Disorders Anonymous)
- OEA (Overeaters Anonymous)
- CoDA (Codependents Anonymous)
Respected Programs for Treatment
- Rogers Behavior Health – Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- Eating Recovery Center (ERC) – Chicago, Denver and others
- SunCloud – 12-step emphasis; suggests living in supportive housing while attending
- Aloria Health – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Linden Oaks – Naperville, Illinois
- Selah House – Anderson IN (Christian-based)
- The Meadows Ranch – Wickenburg, Arizona
- Sierra Tuscon
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
Apps / Websites:
- Insight Timer – Meditations and courses (Free)
- HeadSpace – Meditations (Free 2-week trial)
- Calm – Meditations (Free 1-week trial)
- Joyce Meyers – Website with daily devotions – joycemeyer.org/dailydevo
Facebook Groups / Resource Pages
- Eating Disorder Family Connection
- Eating Disorder Family Support Network -Mom2Mom
- Eating Disorder Support Network
- International Eating Disorder Family Support